Nocturnal Movements Music Network
Nocturnal Movements: Message Boards

Go on, Post a New Topic  New Poll  Go on, Post A Reply
my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Nocturnal Movements: Message Boards   » FORUM FEATURES & GENERAL INQUIRIES   » CHATTERBOX SANCTUARY   » Abundantly pleasing feedback.

- UBBFriend: GO AHEAD! EMAIL this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Abundantly pleasing feedback.

-

Abundantly pleasing feedback.

I simply must share this feedback with you all...

Nearly a year ago, Georgette wrote the following words of appreciation regarding KMFDM in response to a prompt I put out to the GothicBeauty@yahoogroups.com e-list. Feedback from fans like this totally justifies having a mailing budget to reach out and to keep in touch with the fans.

Please make every effort to reward the people who make contact with you. And reach out each day to the fans to stimulate their potential, encourage feedback, and activism in what you are doing and might like to do to further help maintain the music scene. The details should impress upon each of us just how very important it is to appreciate the FANS. Each fan provides so much support for all that we do.

These 2 messages shown below come from a person who found renewed joy for living upon introduction to a little known underground band that we call KMFDM.

First message:

----- Original Message -----
To: "Smeared_Eyeliner Moderator"
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: File - Welcome to Smeared_Eyeliner
Greetings Jett & Sonya!

Still in your debt forever for the best mail ever, when you sent me the goodie box of stuff after my KMFDM story. No amount of my thank you's will ever amount to the joy you both brought me. Still handing out the flyers & such to friends! Would you believe the box arrived the day before the show!!! We got to meet Sascha, and hang out with 16Volt thanks to all the bumper stickers we plastered our car with that you so generously supplied. They look great on our little purple neon.

I hope that all is well with you both, and that the new year blesses you with great things.

Stay morbid, Georgette

Ps. We named our kittens after you both. One is a black nine toed shorthair, and the other is a darling butterscotch 7 toe. They are precious, and well named.

Georgette

-------------------

2nd (original) message

Now, here is Georgette's original message from the Winter/Spring of 2002:

----------

Greetings Jett,

I just finished reading your Gothic Beauty digest.

You were asking people about their KMFDM experiences.

Mine started along time ago when a friend dropped a tape in my mailbox with the initials KMFDM. I had no clue what it was, but he worked at a radio station & saw the seeds of a sure fire winner. He was right. I have been hooked forever.

My first show for them was in 1997, they just weren't coming around my area till then that I knew of. It was one of the most liberating experiences of my life.

That same year my 7 month old son died, my husband left 6 weeks later. I was working 3 jobs & taking care of my Mum, who died a couple mos laterof cancer.

When a friend had heard about the show, they knew it was just what I needed. It ended up being my maiden voyage of crowdsurfing. It was the most incredible sensation, listening live to my fave band in the world, and being magically transported on the hands of undulating angels.

I was 29. I was treated with dignity & respect and was so moved I sobbed for joy and release of all I had been through that year.

The show was the most adrenaline pumped I had seen in yrs of many, many concerts. This wasn't just a concert for me, it was a rebirth. At that point in time En Esch, Sacha, Gunther, & Abby were my gods. Pig blew me away, but I didn't know much of the music.

I try to collect everything I can on KMFDM, & have turned dozens on to them. It is quite fanatical at this time knowing they are touring now, & we are getting tickets for the Rochester show June 22nd.

It will be about 14 of us traveling together. If you could see it in you to send me one of the goodie bags you were taking about, I would forever be in your debt & sing your praises to all I know.

I know you are very busy with all of the Egroups & truly don't know how you manage it all. Inspiring!

Please consider my plea & make my dreams come true. I would be forever grateful.

Humbly, Georgia

Meow }:>~
-------------------

--------------------
=============================
 -
FREE Registration! Browse, Post, Share News, Playlists, Links, and Support Your Scene!

PLEASE JOIN AND POST YOUR NEWS and stuff!

Click the link above to REGISTER!

or, Go to TOP of this page and...
Click on the REGISTER link!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Like what you see in these Message Boards?
Contact our multi-media designers at www.strangehighway.com

Promote YOUR music to Over 8,000 NEW Connections...

Pick up The Indie (Musicians') Bible - indiebible.com/noc

Both Print and Electronic versions Available NOW!

GOODIE BAGS & STREET TEAM SUPPORT

Nocturnal Movements provides Music GOODIE BAGS/STREET TEAM distributions and music reviews via a staff of music journalists and street team volunteers.

Please send 100 - 1000+ Stickers, EPs, Tapes, Postcards, Info Sheets, etc. for Goodie Bags to:

NocturnalMovements.net
attn: Goodie Bags
P. O. Box 5583
Vancouver, WA 98668
USA

Nocturnal Movements Music Network
www.NocturnalMovements.net
Helping Musicians Help Themselves!

Contact Jett Black for complete details.

BB@NocturnalMovements.net

Posts: 1065 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 65.58.155.64
Jett Black
Helping Musicians Help Themselves!
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted 03 January 2003 01:55 AM      Profile for Jett Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

All times are Pacific  
Go on, Post a New Topic  New Poll  Go on, Post A Reply Close Topic.
  That's right!  Put a lock on it, baby!    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - "Printer-friendly" view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nocturnal Movements Music Network

All text copyright to the original author. Learn all you can, and Don't take what doesn't belong to you.