Nocturnal Movements Music Network
Nocturnal Movements: Message Boards

Go on, Post a New Topic  New Poll  Go on, Post A Reply
my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Nocturnal Movements: Message Boards   » FORUM FEATURES & GENERAL INQUIRIES   » CHATTERBOX SANCTUARY   » re: human suffering...

- UBBFriend: GO AHEAD! EMAIL this page to someone!    
Author Topic: re: human suffering...
Jett Black
Helping Musicians Help Themselves!
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted 12 February 2003 03:32 PM      Profile for Jett Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re: human suffering...

here's my favourite quote from Mothman Prophecies, which i was watching just now for something like the 5th time....

"Listen to me, planes are going to crash, earthquakes are going to happen, people you know and love are going to die, and no matter what that voice tells you, there's nothing you can do about it... You do whatever you need to do, and I'll understand."

Posts: 1065 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 65.58.155.122
Michael Morbius
Member # 207

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 04 December 2003 01:30 PM      Profile for Michael Morbius   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven’t seen that movie in a few years. I remember liking the guy that the main character goes to see, the one with the beard and the brush cut, who tried to tell the world but eventually had to give up.
Posts: 5 | From: Richmond, British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  Logged: 207.194.159.182
Jett Black
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05 December 2003 02:22 AM      Profile for Jett Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, you had me scratching my noggin' for a moment or two, but yes, now I remember that scene too... and yes, I remember wanting a bit more with that charachter... it was a moment of clarity in many ways... that you can devote your entire life to a belief, and ideal, a mission, a passion of any sort, and that it can and will take everything that should mean more to you by civil/social standards... i.e. family, love, all the people who care about you will become obscrued by the conviction, the dream, or watever it is that embodies your obsesssion... and what does that mean, then?

Does it mean, perhaps that faith and beliefs and dreams are more important than even the closest of loved ones?

This may be true.

If it is not true, then a great many people who choose the path of conviction and determination have all succumbed to some strange bewliderment.

Okay... now, let's compare THAT concept with that of the underlying moral of the film TITANIC.

In the film TITANIC... the basic concept that is laid upon the audience is that life is precious. The people you love and believe in are more importnat and should be more important to you than absolutely anything else.

And what happened?

3/4 of the people who may or may not have believed in that concept died.

The other 25% or more got to watch them die.... very slowly.

So, in my opinion, despite the warm and fuzzy philosophical attributes that are clearly written into the story of TITANIC....

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing! Doo-wop, Doo-wop, Doo-wop!

Which basicaly means: "Great... love is fine and good and all that, but it doesn't mean a goddamned thing. What matters is what do you really believe, or believe in? And I'm not talking spiritual, I'm talking about what is your obsession? What is your passion and can you say honestly that your passion is firmly shared by the person you love, and who loves you? And how the hell will you ever *really* KNOW anyway?"

Every individual should believe in something...

--------------------
=============================
 -
FREE Registration! Browse, Post, Share News, Playlists, Links, and Support Your Scene!

PLEASE JOIN AND POST YOUR NEWS and stuff!

Click the link above to REGISTER!

or, Go to TOP of this page and...
Click on the REGISTER link!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Like what you see in these Message Boards?
Contact our multi-media designers at www.strangehighway.com

Promote YOUR music to Over 8,000 NEW Connections...

Pick up The Indie (Musicians') Bible - indiebible.com/noc

Both Print and Electronic versions Available NOW!

GOODIE BAGS & STREET TEAM SUPPORT

Nocturnal Movements provides Music GOODIE BAGS/STREET TEAM distributions and music reviews via a staff of music journalists and street team volunteers.

Please send 100 - 1000+ Stickers, EPs, Tapes, Postcards, Info Sheets, etc. for Goodie Bags to:

NocturnalMovements.net
attn: Goodie Bags
P. O. Box 5583
Vancouver, WA 98668
USA

Nocturnal Movements Music Network
www.NocturnalMovements.net

Contact Jett Black for complete details.

BB@NocturnalMovements.net

Posts: 1065 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 65.58.7.146

All times are Pacific  
Go on, Post a New Topic  New Poll  Go on, Post A Reply Close Topic.
  That's right!  Put a lock on it, baby!    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - "Printer-friendly" view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nocturnal Movements Music Network

All text copyright to the original author. Learn all you can, and Don't take what doesn't belong to you.