Nocturnal Movements Music Network
Nocturnal Movements: Message Boards

Go on, Post a New Topic  New Poll  Go on, Post A Reply
my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Nocturnal Movements: Message Boards   » FORUM FEATURES & GENERAL INQUIRIES   » CHATTERBOX SANCTUARY   » Want Music Labels & Press to request your music?

- UBBFriend: GO AHEAD! EMAIL this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Want Music Labels & Press to request your music?
Jett Black
Helping Musicians Help Themselves!
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted 11 July 2003 05:10 AM      Profile for Jett Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
> If any of you out there know anyone involved with
> a forward-thinking indie label, tell them to come
> down and send me a line. Check out [insert my band name], creators of some of the best electro-
> indie pop around
>
> www.insertmybandname.com
> www.mp3.com/insertmybandname_here

It does not work that way.

sorry to be the one to shatter your illusions.

Get a publicist, or get your hands on a few (dozen) music directories and start plugging away with your press kit mailings and phone calls, and the necessary emails.

For a fee, I can help you accomplish such goals.

I'd much rather that you appreciate first the amount of time, energy, and other resources that must be devoted to the stage by stage process before you consider the amount you'd be willing to spend on hiring myself or anyone else who is not part of your street team already to handle such details on your behalf.

I'm more about Helping Musicians who Help Themselves. However, for a substantial retainer fee, I am willing to do it for you for three months and also provide you with the keys to the kingdom (so to speak) in the process.

I can help you and teach you how to help yourselves and to teach others (such as members of a street team, or interns) how to help you maintain your momentum.

You are not ready to join a music label if you have not yet mastered the art of promoting your own music. Most musicians clearly misunderstand exactly what a music label will and will not do for them before they seek out a contract to sign.

Visit my website Message Boards:

http://www.NocturnalMovements.net

Make contact with me in private email once you have found messages on HIRING Nocturnal Movements, and others having to do with Marketing Your Music.

As the saying goes, "an educated consumer is our best customer."

If you are not savvy about the music industry and how to navigate within it, you will be before the end of the 1st term.

For effective publicity concerns, a minimum term of 3 months is necessary.

The same with Radio.

In promotion of a music tour, 6 - 9 - 12 months preparations involving Press, Radio, Internet, Venues, and MORE are necessary and will be covered in stages.

Neglecting to consider and apply efforts to accomplish each stage (which overlaps with other stages) will result in frustration, confusion, and great disappointment for any performing music group.

Proper applicaiton to necessary stages and component details will build overall success.

Momentum can then be maintained via qualified street team leaders trained by those who have already applied themselves through stages during the first year of the cohesive music marketing plan.

Cheers!

Jett Black - http://www.NocturnalMovements.net

--------------------
=============================
 -
FREE Registration! Browse, Post, Share News, Playlists, Links, and Support Your Scene!

PLEASE JOIN AND POST YOUR NEWS and stuff!

Click the link above to REGISTER!

or, Go to TOP of this page and...
Click on the REGISTER link!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Like what you see in these Message Boards?
Contact our multi-media designers at www.strangehighway.com

Promote YOUR music to Over 8,000 NEW Connections...

Pick up The Indie (Musicians') Bible - indiebible.com/noc

Both Print and Electronic versions Available NOW!

GOODIE BAGS & STREET TEAM SUPPORT

Nocturnal Movements provides Music GOODIE BAGS/STREET TEAM distributions and music reviews via a staff of music journalists and street team volunteers.

Please send 100 - 1000+ Stickers, EPs, Tapes, Postcards, Info Sheets, etc. for Goodie Bags to:

NocturnalMovements.net
attn: Goodie Bags
P. O. Box 5583
Vancouver, WA 98668
USA

Nocturnal Movements Music Network
www.NocturnalMovements.net
Helping Musicians Help Themselves!

Contact Jett Black for complete details.

BB@NocturnalMovements.net

Posts: 1065 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.75.226.169

All times are Pacific  
Go on, Post a New Topic  New Poll  Go on, Post A Reply Close Topic.
  That's right!  Put a lock on it, baby!    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - "Printer-friendly" view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nocturnal Movements Music Network

All text copyright to the original author. Learn all you can, and Don't take what doesn't belong to you.