Nocturnal Movements Music Network
Nocturnal Movements: Message Boards

Go on, Post a New Topic  New Poll  Go on, Post A Reply
my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Nocturnal Movements: Message Boards   » FORUM FEATURES & GENERAL INQUIRIES   » CHATTERBOX SANCTUARY   » Truly, madly, Deeply

- UBBFriend: GO AHEAD! EMAIL this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Truly, madly, Deeply
Jett Black
Helping Musicians Help Themselves!
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 13 July 2003 12:17 PM      Profile for Jett Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by now, most of you already know that I'm a big fan of Alan Rickman.

For those of you who have asked whether I had seen Truly, Madly, Deeply, I had said "No. I hadn't"

and Now, "I Have."

The backside of the box in which this movie is enclosed, which I hunted for and could not find in Blockbuster stores, but which Sonya Brown found and rented for me in a Hollywood video store, I believe... it compares "Truly, Madly, Deeply" to the box office favourite title "GHOST".

I'm not such a fan of Patrick Swayze, but I'll watch anything with Alan Rickman in it.

With only 107 minutes running time, one may wonder why it took me 3-4 days to finish watching this film!?!

It is rather slow. And that is part of the point of this film, actually. The plot and theme of this film is not one that may be rushed with any justice.

For all the sadness that this movie conveys, it still comes out much too *happy* in the end for my tastes, but I enjoyed it all the same.

I tend to be quite the morose bugger and I make no apologies for it.

This is perhaps one of the few times that I have ever seen Alan Rickman play the role of what is clearly "the good guy".

I prefer not to go into any further detail into this film so as to skirt the temptation to unfold the suspense and the plot itself...

If you are a die hard fan of Alan Rickman, you will see this film. You might even enjoy it, as I have.

I still say that "Closet Land" provides the finest representation of what Alan Rickman can accomplish as an actor.

CLOSET LAND: Dark, compelling, disturbing, and riveting!

Jett Black - www.NocturnalMovements.net

--------------------
=============================
 -
FREE Registration! Browse, Post, Share News, Playlists, Links, and Support Your Scene!

PLEASE JOIN AND POST YOUR NEWS and stuff!

Click the link above to REGISTER!

or, Go to TOP of this page and...
Click on the REGISTER link!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Like what you see in these Message Boards?
Contact our multi-media designers at www.strangehighway.com

Promote YOUR music to Over 8,000 NEW Connections...

Pick up The Indie (Musicians') Bible - indiebible.com/noc

Both Print and Electronic versions Available NOW!

GOODIE BAGS & STREET TEAM SUPPORT

Nocturnal Movements provides Music GOODIE BAGS/STREET TEAM distributions and music reviews via a staff of music journalists and street team volunteers.

Please send 100 - 1000+ Stickers, EPs, Tapes, Postcards, Info Sheets, etc. for Goodie Bags to:

NocturnalMovements.net
attn: Goodie Bags
P. O. Box 5583
Vancouver, WA 98668
USA

Nocturnal Movements Music Network
www.NocturnalMovements.net
Helping Musicians Help Themselves!

Contact Jett Black for complete details.

BB@NocturnalMovements.net

Posts: 1065 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.75.227.156

All times are Pacific  
Go on, Post a New Topic  New Poll  Go on, Post A Reply Close Topic.
  That's right!  Put a lock on it, baby!    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - "Printer-friendly" view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nocturnal Movements Music Network

All text copyright to the original author. Learn all you can, and Don't take what doesn't belong to you.