Nocturnal Movements Music Network
Nocturnal Movements: Message Boards

Go on, Post a New Topic  New Poll  Go on, Post A Reply
my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Nocturnal Movements: Message Boards   » FORUM FEATURES & GENERAL INQUIRIES   » CHATTERBOX SANCTUARY   » FREE MUSIC in the Mail for Reviews & Airplay.

- UBBFriend: GO AHEAD! EMAIL this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FREE MUSIC in the Mail for Reviews & Airplay.
Jett Black
Helping Musicians Help Themselves!
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted 08 September 2003 01:49 AM      Profile for Jett Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New music promo mailings set to commence in approximately 4 weeks' time.

Various artists, and cd titles.

What I need from YOU:

DETAILED Description of...

What you do with new music
Where you do it
How your efforts are distributed
All contact info for the source.

Please Including:

FULL POSTAL mailing information.
Applicable weblinks.
Identifying info for the source.
email contact info
phone contact info.

Let me break it down into the two main categories of interest.

Music Reviews and Radio/Internet broadcasts

Music Reviews:

Zine title?
Online? (weblink?)
Print? (weblink?)
Music Editor?
Mailing address?
Email address?
Phone contact??

Also we would be interested in:

numbers... distribution/circulation

Distributed WHERE
city?
store names?
club names?
If not USA, then which countries

Radio....

Station ID info.
Station Music Director
Station mailing address.
Station website address
Contact Email address

Specialty format information.
When does the program air each week/day/month?
Wattage of the broadcasting tower?
Format of your program?
Streaming over the internet?

Answer any of the above and you're either a DJ or a Music Writer.

or BOTH... right?

We need the above information to help prove that you have the opportunity to provide either or both a music review / airplay for the music.

What we need more than just the evidence of opportunity and means to accomplish the task.. we also need to know that you are in fact motivated to provide music reviews and/or airplay.

If you do not have a place to put your music reviews already, or you're not currently writing with any music magazines, then....

I'd invite you now to send you music reviews to me. Just post them up at my message boards.

Once I see that you've posted 4-5 music reviews, I'll collect them all and submit them to www.inmusicwetrust.com thru a new email address that I can provide to you from my domain. This will help keep things organised and begin your shiney new accomplishments as a music writer associated with NocturnalMovements, which places music reviews of independent music cds as written by new music writers.

We are always in need of new music writers to help cover the vast amounts of music cds pouring in from every genre of the music industry.

DJ's are strongly encouraged to apply their knowledge and skills to the reviewing of new music... for several reasons:

#1 - good djs know how to transition from one song to the next.

That means that they must know more about the each song that they spin than just the song title and musical description. The dj must really know every aspect of how the song feels at different points... particularly the beginning and endings, intros and outtros.. and that means that such attention to detail, as well as bpm... make a good dj also an excellent music reviewer. Many music writers are current djs.

#2 Writing music reviews also allows a dj to become more well-known for their productivity beyond simply spinning music that a few people may have heard at that time and even fewer will make any effort to inquire about. Writing music reviews provides more validity to the rationale to mail out a music promo in the first place.

Music reviewers are the most likely candidtaes to receive new music for review.. (duh!) Dj's can increase their music promo servicing by writing music reviews for those cds which actually make it into their playlists.

An equally important service that many djs will also provide...

include weblinks to the music websites for new and independent music cds that appear in your playlists.

The primary purpose for providing music at no cost to the recipient is to compel that person to draw attention to the music and to the website associated with that music so that more and more people will find their paths leading back to the music artists who sent to you the music. And, so, on your recommendations, people discover new music... IF you tell them where to find it... Give the people to whom you send your music playlists links for the new music artists and indie labels appearing in your playlists each week/month.

Okay... so that's all for today!

Please send me you Mailing address.

Send by Private message,
or by email to:
reviews@nocturnalmovements.net

and please post your music reviews of any new music cds at:

my message boards:
www.nocturnalmovements.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php

You may also post your music playlists there, too!

Music submissions...

Please send at least 2 copies of each cd title - to:

NocturnalMovements.net
ATTN: PRESS KITS
P.O. Box 5583
Vancouver,WA 98668

Cheers!

Jett Black - 360.513.9121

Check out my message boards:
www.nocturnalmovements.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php

--------------------
=============================
 -
FREE Registration! Browse, Post, Share News, Playlists, Links, and Support Your Scene!

PLEASE JOIN AND POST YOUR NEWS and stuff!

Click the link above to REGISTER!

or, Go to TOP of this page and...
Click on the REGISTER link!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Like what you see in these Message Boards?
Contact our multi-media designers at www.strangehighway.com

Promote YOUR music to Over 8,000 NEW Connections...

Pick up The Indie (Musicians') Bible - indiebible.com/noc

Both Print and Electronic versions Available NOW!

GOODIE BAGS & STREET TEAM SUPPORT

Nocturnal Movements provides Music GOODIE BAGS/STREET TEAM distributions and music reviews via a staff of music journalists and street team volunteers.

Please send 100 - 1000+ Stickers, EPs, Tapes, Postcards, Info Sheets, etc. for Goodie Bags to:

NocturnalMovements.net
attn: Goodie Bags
P. O. Box 5583
Vancouver, WA 98668
USA

Nocturnal Movements Music Network
www.NocturnalMovements.net
Helping Musicians Help Themselves!

Contact Jett Black for complete details.

BB@NocturnalMovements.net

Posts: 1065 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.75.226.119

All times are Pacific  
Go on, Post a New Topic  New Poll  Go on, Post A Reply Close Topic.
  That's right!  Put a lock on it, baby!    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - "Printer-friendly" view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nocturnal Movements Music Network

All text copyright to the original author. Learn all you can, and Don't take what doesn't belong to you.