Member # 55
posted 17 July 2004 12:12 PM
AFBPromotions - Newsletter - July 2004
In this newsletter:
1. About AFBPromotions
2. Final 2005 Roster Listings
3. AFB on the Web
4. Street Teams
5. AFB Store
6. Tour Dates
7. Contact Information
- AFBPromotions since 1996 has been dedicated to aiding, supporting, promoting, networking, and distributing independent music of all genres for free. AFBPromotions each year focuses on promoting roughly 20 or more artists known as their "roster" but always keeps their doors open for those needing assistance or help throughout the year. AFBPromotions' main goal is to simply help independent musicians who need help, no matter what they may need help with. AFBPromotion's services range from offering advice to link exchanges to writing official biographies to sharing resources and information on other services to handing out flyers on the street corner to selling CDs in their store to reviewing/interviewing materials for sister site Space Junkies Magazine. AFBPromotions however is not a booking service nor a management company. For more information about AFBPromotions please visit: http://www.aidforbands.com
2005 AFBPROMOTIONS ROSTER LISTINGS:
- The AFBPromotions 2005 Roster listings have been finalized. Thank-you to all 100 applicants who have sent in applications over the past year! It wasn't easy but we managed to narrow it down to the following final listings:
MAIN ROSTER 2005:
Ambassador 21, Nicatas Drumer, DTRASH Records, Mind Disruption, Hansel, Morgueazm, Endorphins, Raygun Girls, Promonium Jesters, Anomy, The Flatliners, Suture Seven, Rictus Grin, Encounter Box, Fallen Wisdom, Abigail's End, Broomfiller, Kim Germaine, Gliem
SIDE ROSTER 2005:
Yaya Diallo, noCore, Seven 13, The Mystic Underground, Inner Surge, Descent, Mongo Seven, Yigga Digga, Dream Or Nightmare, Chainsnap
OTHER LISTINGS 2005:
Space Junkies Magazine, Theta Division Canada / Theta Division International, Dope Stars Inc., Nocturnal Movements, Ouch Yonder, Money For The Toll / R. Sean Faust, Strikken, Little Mojo, Peter Cooper, Fishkill, The Ivory Tower Project, No Assembly Required, Iron Bitchface, The Silent 6, Nakatheral
More information about each category of the Roster can be found here: http://www.aidforbands.com/2005roster.html
AFBPROMOTIONS ON THE WWW:
- For those of you avid internet buffs who enjoy joining clubs, groups and services online here's a bunch of AFBPromotions and Space Junkies Magazine related place you can check out and join if you feel inclined:
http://profile.myspace.com/users/4261435 - Wednesday's myspace
http://www.livejournal.com/users/shylord - Wednesday's LJ
http://www.aidforbands.com - AFBPromotions
http://www.spacejunkies.net - Space Junkies Magazine
http://dopestarsinc.tribe.net - Dope Stars Inc. Tribe
http://dsi.spacejunkies.net - Theta Division Canada (Dope Stars Inc. Canadian Street Team)
* NOTE: All teams listed below are NON-PAYING (that is they do not pay YOU to be on the team). Likewise these teams are also not FAN CLUBS, if you are considering on joining any of the below listed teams be prepared to work ;) Top promoters from all teams will be rewarded with prizes based on specially designed "points" systems.
- AFBPromotions is now accepting applications for it's 2004/2005 online and offline street teams. If you are interested in handing out flyers, CDs and other merchandise from INDEPENDENT bands, labels, zines and collectives from around the world for free in your local area (including the AFB Roster artists) please join our team(s) by filling out the form on the following website: http://www.aidforbands.com/streetteams.html We accept applications from all age groups, in any location throughout the world.
* NOTE: Bands or artists interested in being promoted BY the street DO NOT fill out the form on the aforementioned page! That form is only for those wishing to join the team to promote bands. Unfortunately our roster is full for the 2004 and 2005 year, but you are more than welcome to email me at email@example.com expressing your interest in joining the 2006 roster.
- Dope Stars Inc. is an Italian based electro-punk-goth-rock band that is looking for street team members from around the world to help them promote their upcoming releases, website, street team, tourdates and to help them gain exposure throughout the world. If you are interested in helping out this band, please join their team by filling out the form found on the Theta Division website: http://www.thetadivision.com You can find out more about Dope Stars Inc. by visiting their official website at http://www.dopestarsinc.com (there you will also find downloadable music videos, songs, and more).
- Theta Division CANADA is Dope Stars Inc. Canadian street team. If you are a resident of Canada and are interested in helping DSi gain recognition throughout Canada join our team by filling out the form found on Theta Division Canada's official website: http://dsi.spacejunkies.net Your duties as a Theta Division Canada teamer includes: making/printing off flyers to hand out, collecting information on radio stations, magazines, newspapers, as well as phoning radio stations to request songs amongst other duties. Again, to join Theta Division Canada you must be a Canadian resident and you can join by filling out the form on http://dsi.spacejunkies.net
- You may find ALL store items at: http://www.aidforbands.com/store.html The below is just a small selection of the artists and titles you can find at our store.
Item # - Genre - Format - Artist - Album Title - Condition - Price
D007 - Hardcore - CD-R - Straight Land - Santamuerte - New - $8 CAN*
D015 - Various - CD-R - Sounds From The Ground Vol. #1 - New - $5 CAN
T021 - Country Rock - 2 CD - Moses Guest - Moses Guest - New - Trade
T020 - Funk/Rock - CD - All Mighty Senators - Raw Power Live - New - Trade
F001 - Metal - CASS - Hardmusic.net - Sampler - New - Free
More artists and formats will be coming shortly!
- Tourdates from around the world and of all genre of music can now be found at: http://www.aidforbands.com/shows.html
- If you have any shows or tours you'd like to advertise through AFBPromotions please get in touch with Wednesday Elektra at wednesday@aidforbands and include: 1. Your band/tour/show name 2. The band/tour/venue URL 3. The start time of the show, age restrictions (19+, all ages, etc.), and cost of show 4. The venue mailing address (#, street, city, prov/state, country, etc.)
MSN: firstname.lastname@example.org (do not send emails to this address they will not be received!)
(email for mailing address - Note: we are not accepting press kits at this time)
Posts: 42 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2003
| Logged: 22.214.171.124